32 Reeds Gap Road
Middlefield, CT 06455
Wednesday – Friday 3:00 – 6:00 PM
I’ll cut to the chase. If you haven’t been to Lyman Orchards you need to hop in a car and get yourself there.
With over 1100 scenic acres this family owned farm, founded in 1741, offers the following:
- Large duck pond where you can sit and relax, photograph or feed the ducks.
- Weekends can see varied venues such as caricature artists, live bands, face painting, children’s craft sessions, magicians and more.
- Pony Rides
- Horse/wagon rides
- Country store stocked with fresh produce, bakery, homemade jellies/jams and more.
- Multiple picnic benches on rear deck overlooking the pond under the willow tree.
- Fresh hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, doughnuts are often made adjacent to the picnic area.
- Deli in the farm store with extensive menu.
- Pick your own – acres and acres of peaches, nectarines, apples, pears, asian pears, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pumpkins and squash. Picking is seasonal of course.
- Sunflower maze (seasonal – ends August 27th), with over 350,000 sunflowers.
- Corn Maze (August 31st to November 3rd) – 4 acre maze with over 2 miles of pathway and only ONE WAY OUT! This years maze takes on a form dedicated to the Statue of Liberty.
- (2) 18 hole championship golf courses and (1) 9 hole golf course offering miles and miles of unobstructed views.
- 24 hour hotline for the field condition of their pick your own crops with varieties and pricing: 860-349-6015.
- Weddings and events: Lyman Orchard Homestead
I didn’t go here with the intention of covering this establishment for the blog. I had my camera in the truck, saw some cool things to photograph and snapped a couple of pics (attached). Here’s the thing. Lyman Orchards is such a wonderful place to take yourself or your family that when I got home I realized I had to share.
So if you’ve been here before go back again during the fall. If you’ve never been take a ride over. I guarantee you if you went in with a frown you’ll leave with a smile and probably some terrific produce and bakery items. Enjoy my friends, enjoy!